Sunday, March 18, 2012

Peer Response 1, Final Week

Response to Brett's Prompt, Final Week

Brett,

This prompt is timely for me. I started working on an essay Friday night about the evolution of fear in my life. I started thinking about the odd fear of hell that I had in grade school because I thought I had committed blasphemy, the "unforgivable sin." It was such a scary feeling because I didn't want to talk to anyone about it and ruin their dreams of Heaven for me. Instead I internalized that fear and read all the passages I could find about that particular sin and its consequences. Which, of course, made me a quiet, brooding middle schooler, edging into my second greatest fear--that of being a social oddity.

I hadn't looked at Martin's essay yet, but I think I'll look to it for inspiration now. And to your prompt!

Also, it sounds like you have a "childhood fear" essay asking to be written . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment